Monday, April 21, 2008

Mammal | NY Comic Con


We had a tremendous time this past weekend at the NY Comic Con. We sold a ton of books and met a lot of great people. Our booth looked great thanks to Devin's wife Jenny and her crafty design and decorative talents. Devin really pulled everything together and was a constant source of energy throughout what was a surprisingly exhausting few days. Who knew that sitting around nerding it out for a weekend? One of the highlights for me happened when I wasn't at the booth. Tom and Devin told me that Ralph Bakshi came around to the booth and wanted to buy the original pages of Night Business. He said the stuff reminded him of Spain Rodriguez. I revere both Bakshi and Rodriguez. Bakshi has been a strong influence on me throughout my life. His designs and then his attitude and psychological approach to his work continue to inspire me. I'm going to try and get in touch with Ralph to complete the deal.

No comments: